It's been a very long time since this group had an updated journal and even longer time since we've had any sort of activities going on here. I sincerely apologize for this and will do my best to make this group a bit more active!
But first thing's first, thank you so much to all of you who have joined us in the past year! When snoopi888
and I first created this group, we never expected it to grow so much in just 3 years. And now it's grown to a full-fledged community and it's really amazing to see that as a founder. And of course, we strive to improve as much as possible, so if any of you have any questions, comments or just general ideas of what can be improved or fixed, please let us know! You can send the group a note, or you can contact either Keberyna
(me) or Ange-ll-os
Speaking of which, if all of you could go and give some love to
, that would be awesome because she has done so much for this group, it's ridiculous. I know she has so much going on her plate right now, yet she still manages to keep this group up and running. Thank you Angie!
Now for some more serious stuff:
Since we've had many people join in the past few months, I will go ahead and reiterate some of the rules and guidelines we have posted on our front page. I'll highlight the ones that seem to be a recurring issue. RULES
1. Every submission must be made by YOU. (If by any chance you are submitting someone else's art with their permission, you must show us physical proof of this agreement.)
2. Make sure you read the individual rules that may be written in an artists' comment on the deviation page before attempting to adopt.3. Do not steal, copy, trace, redistribute ANY of the designs.
Unfortunately we've seen this happen more than once. I cannot stress how important this rule is. This is not only disrespectful towards the person who originally designed the adopts, but it's disrespectful and degrading to the person who steals the design as well. It's not fair to the original artist and if skill is an issue, there are PLENTY of free linearts and tutorials out there for help. 4. Please be nice and respectful to everyone, and treat everyone like you would like them to treat you.
I haven't been reported a case where adopters were being disrespectful towards the original poster, however there have been some cases where people act rude or curse at admins, usually after being explained or told why their submission was declined. I'm sorry but if you cannot act mature over such a simple matter than you obviously cannot remain on the internet.
5. You MUST be a member in order to take part in contests and other activities held within the group.
6. If you have any questions concerning anything or anyone, please feel free to contact any of the admins at any time (*Keberyna, ~x-Angelos-x, ~Kay-Te, ~snoopi888) and let us know! Or just simply send us a note. We don't bite! c:
7. Have fun!ABOUT THE SUBMISSIONS -We will only accept weird adoptables and original species that are not too close to an actual real-world animal.
1. NO real-life animals. That means, go submit your wolves, horses, cats and dogs in a group made for them.
2. NO furries or anthros. There are groups made for that. (However, some exceptions can be made for anthros. If you are not sure, contact any of the admins first and we'll be sure to let you know.)
3. NO humans. Orphanages are made specifically for them.
4. NO pokemon/digimon/whatevermon adopts. The only exception is if they are YOUR original design and are properly credited.
5. NO PONIES. This includes regular ponies as well as any MLP style ponies.
6. Dragons, unicorns, pegasi, griffins and other mythical animals are all acceptable.
7. We MAY accept adoptables of a species that is rarely seen, such as shrimps, snails, storks, nudibranchs etc.
8. We will DENY ANY and ALL adoptables that break our rules.
- I'm just going to emphasize on the entire thing because I've gotten WAY too many cases where people submit dogs, horses, cats, wolves etc. I understand that the animal may have some intricate designs and attributes, but nevertheless, we do not accept those in THIS group. There are plenty of other groups and clubs out there devoted to those on deviantArt.
Once again, if anything seems off, or if you feel like something needs to be improved or worked on, please let us know as soon as possible. We will do our best to get whatever it is resolved.
Now onto the fun part:
I know I've asked this for awhile now, but would anyone be interested in a contest
? We were thinking something along the lines of designing a new mascot (the old one is the one on our icon). However, if any of you have different ideas, please let us know! There will be prizes!
They will range from points, to memberships to art, depending on how many people join and how many people decide to donate.
Once again, thank you so much for your cooperation, and I hope you all have a great day!